I honestly have so many favourite genres of music it was hard to pick a single album, but I've decided to pick an album that I think overall describes how my year went. This album is Froot by Marina and the Diamonds. This album soothed me in times I needed it the most. Marina is an amazing artist, and her other albums are also phenomenal. But there was a positive change in her music which followed how my life had also changed. Marina is an alternative/indie singer. Her older music composed of themes that were dark and sad and lonely, but the music was good. She had a change in her life and decided to get some help. And with that help, her music changed. This album is positive and describes her new point of view on life and how much better her mental state is.
One song that I love is called Blue. In this song she describes a breakup and it's really not a breakup song. Or at least that's not the true meaning of the song. She sings "I don't want to feel blue any more". The point of the song is that she is trying to help herself feel better. This is when she is beginning to let herself get help and not bring herself down or let anyone else bring her down. I can relate to this much, but then again I feel that so many people can also relate to this. No one wants to be in a bad place. This song really motivated me to keep a positive mind. The beat of the song, and the music was so upbeat and positive it just made you smile. It helped you not mope in your sadness. The lyrics were inspirational and the song as a whole is amazing.
The second song that I love is called Happy. In this song Marina sings about how she found happiness within herself. The song begins with lyrics talking about how she felt before and how she was so depressed she didn't know how to live her life. But then as it gets to the chorus she explains how she found a way to make herself feel so much better. She sings, "Found what I'd been looking for, in myself. Found a life worth living for someone else. Never thought that I could be, I could be, happy, happy". She sings about how she found something to believe in, she found a reason to keep going. She gives hope to all her fans, and she lets them believe everyone deserves to be happy and everyone can be happy. Even in darkest times there can always be hope. I could relate to this and Marina was such a great contribution to my self esteem and finding my self worth. She gave me hope. Her music is a savior.
Marina is an amazing artist, and this album will forever be one of my favourites.
Yes, music is a savior. Couldn't imagine the world without it. I like "Blue." They have successfully found a music for her voice.
ReplyDelete